Musings on topics of small or large importance. Especially partial to subjects that include baby boomers, public figures, friends, Corporate America, the Denver Broncos, NASCAR, my previous home towns of New York City and Columbia (Maryland), stupidity (mine and others'), diets and health and who knows what else!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beta HCG Eve

I'm taking the plunge. Tomorrow I start the Beta HCG weight loss program.

This is not the usual "diet." It's sure to be controversial. When I first heard about it, I thought, "You're kidding! That's crazy! And harmful!" But since then I've read a lot about it, talked to someone that has had great results with it, and I figure it couldn't be worse than what I've already been doing to my body with the way I've been eating.

So here goes.

Tomorrow and Friday what I'm supposed to do is eat as much food as possible, especially high-fat foods. They call it force feeding. They suggest including ice cream, pork, bread with lots of butter, milk chocolate and peanut butter. And I start taking the HCG spray plus some supplements that come with the program.

I am not really looking forward to these two gorge days. Lord knows I've had many gorge days, though not to this extent, but I don't know how my body is going to react to deliberate overloading two days in a row. They say it's important and not to skimp, so I'll do it. Then Saturday the serious restrictions begin. I don't really want to talk about any of it ahead of time. But stay tuned.

No comments: